Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Homestay III

13 May 2015

This was the day I attempted to go to Tashirojima (cat island) but the earthquake struck, and I never made it. I decided to cheer myself up with hotcakes instead. It's called pancake & cafe 38 Mitsubachi. I forgot to take a photo of the exterior, but here's the interior. It was nice and cosy, and near empty when I went, which was nice.



Sugar cubes


I got the buttermilk pancake set, which came with a drink. 


It was good; nice and fluffy. The whipped butter was rich and creamy. The syrup was maple honey, and it was really quite sweet, but the pancakes aren't sweetened, so it was a good match. The only issue I had was that the place smelled a little strange. But other than that, it was pleasant. 


I spent the rest of the day walking around again, and reading, and blogging. That day was my host mummy's birthday, so we had a really small celebration. The cake looks simple but it was seriously delicious.


Happy 33rd birthday!


My host family! Minus the youngest cos he was asleep. They're clearly not very used to taking photos hahah. Awkward gap.

No comments: