Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Motomura Gyukatsu

Clearly I'm not very good at keeping up with this travelogue thing. Not very active but there are reasons, a major one being that the wifi connection when I was in Sendai was not strong, so I couldn't upload photos, but well, I've been back in Tokyo for 4 days now, so it's just excuses since then.

10 May 2015
Had a late morning and went to Lifehouse Church in the afternoon. It's a branch of Hillsong Church, and I knew what I was getting myself into, but I figured it would be better to go for something a bit more familiar. Well, what can I say; the sermon was offensive, and not in a good way. The underlying message was that it was better to be married than to be single. Verses from the Bible were heavily taken out of context and misinterpreted. It was worrying. I did, however, make acquaintances with a really sweet lady, although I don't have a photo with her.

I didn't have plans for the day until dinner, so I just wondered around a bit, and found myself heading towards Tokyo Tower. I contemplated going up, but it was too expensive. The tower is impressive though. I think it lights up at night.


I walked around the area for a bit, and found a park and thought of going there to read. I saw this lady walking two huge giant poodles (?? is that even a breed?). They were very cute, but they were huge. 


The lady was clearly struggling. 


I managed to find this grassy area where people were just lying around and basking in the sun, so I decided to just read there until dinnertime.


I met Vanesa and her friend, Hayley, for dinner again, and we had Motomura Gyukatsu in Shibuya, which is beef cutlet. 


 The restaurant is really small, seating only about 7-8 pax at once, so the queue took forever. I think we queued for 1.5 hours even though we reached at 6pm, and by the time our order was taken, the largest portion had sold out. 


It was incredible. The steak is fried for a mere 60s and served immediately, so the inside is rare. Worth the wait? Yes!



We wandered around Shibuya for a bit, then went for parfait at Nishimura Fruit Parlour. Nobody does desserts like the Japanese. It was delicious.


Since it was going to be my last night staying so near the TMGB, I decided to drop by en route home to take the night view. Good decision.


No comments: