Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Photography

9 May 2015

Went hunting for the Totoro Cafe, and it was harder to find than I expected. I walked in circles countless times, and I thought of giving up because I was getting so tired, but I eventually made it! And all those extra rounds were definitely worth it.



They relocated sometime this year or last year, and moved to their current premises which is supposedly larger, but it's still pretty small, not a lot of seating capacity, so I wonder how much smaller their previous location was.


It's a quaint, small, cozy cafe, very cute, very comfortable.









I skipped breakfast to come for this, so I ordered 3 puffs! The custard (original), strawberry (seasonal) and green tea (seasonal).


The strawberry was the first I ate, and also my favourite, because the tanginess of the strawberry balances out the sweetness and heaviness of the cream really well.


The green tea one had red beans inside, which were a pleasant surprise, and a really good mix of textures.


The custard one had vanilla seeds (which you can't really see here cuz mine didn't have a lot) and I love love love love LOVE vanilla, so it was great. 


I had a hot chocolate too, and thought it wasn't photo-worthy, but it was delicious. It had an edge of bitterness (like dark chocolate kind) and it wasn't overpowering or too sweet at all. In total I spent 1830Y, and it's not the cheapest place around, and I can't vouch for the entire menu, but it was definitely worth it for the cream puffs alone. I mean, anything is worth it for Totoro.


I headed down to Tokyo Sea Life Park, and at the entrance of the park there was this street performer. He's some world champion juggler, and he's really good. An entertainer as well.


I was very excited to come here, and maybe my expectations were a little too high, but I think the SEA Aquarium beats this HAHAH. Well, maybe the difference in price reflects the difference in quality too. This was 700Y, which converts back roughly to about $8; SEA Aquarium is much more expensive ($38!).




I always dream of one day being able to take really nice pictures. 


There are a few people I know who take really, really, REALLY nice pictures, and I have a lot of respect and admiration for them (*_*). 


And I've come to a point where I don't know if the photos I take are nice or not; they all just look really plain to me.



 But I suppose if they serve the purpose of helping me preserve certain memories (no matter how inaccurate or selective), that's fine.



Met Vanesa and Hayley for dinner at Narikura Tonkatsu, and it was really amazing. We met at 5pm when the place opened at 530pm, and there were already a couple of people in the queue. Crazy.



I read the reviews online, and sometimes those food shows talk about how certain deep fried foods are not oily at all, and I'm always like, how is that possible! It's deep fried, it has to be greasy. But it wasn't. It was rather magical. Unfortunately, towards the end, the crust in contact with the plate got soggy. But other than that, it was delicious.


We walked around after looking for dessert, and found this random cafe in a karaoke place that had honey toast. This, too, was delicious. It was a pleasant surprise, actually, because I think we weren't expecting much. And it was buttered with honey butter. Yumz.


No comments: